Smiles held in the heart

Smiles held in the heart
Smiles held in the heart

Friday, March 9, 2018

Miracle In The Making

A week out from the epicenter. I’m seeing a miracle in the making. 
I try not to envision Jackson’s horrible accident over and over in my mind because it would not even come close to what I know he sees when he closes his beautiful blue eyes. 
Those eyes. Heartbreakers.

My heart is healing when I see his smile and when he gives me a kiss. I hold his hand and let him lean his head on me as he gets his dressings changed. It’s incredibly painful. I tell him to deep breathe and how proud I am of him and brave he is. 

I stand outside his family’s inner circle and try not to be a “nurse.” I want to be Granny. I watch my sweet Lauren & Casey care for their son with such tenderness. It tears my heart out that they are in this stormy trauma recovery mode. 
I am blessed to know what I know about trauma care. Never taking for granted seeing him progress daily is nothing short of a miracle.

One day I’ll dance with this boy/man and we’ll both know that God is with us on this journey and we’ll thank Him again for the millionth time.

I look into those beautiful blue eyes and know he is destined for a great future. 

I love you, Jackson!
😘Granny

No comments: