Smiles held in the heart

Smiles held in the heart
Smiles held in the heart

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Hard As A Diamond

Hard As A Diamond

You know what is so weird? Counting the years into your future from a new ground zero. 
Ground zero for me was 2/5/2013. 
We'll all go through this portal at different times in our life and for many different reasons. What we'll have in common is a huge life altering event occurring.
It's an evolution in a sense. I found out that from that moment forward I was no longer the person I had been. I'd never be the same or think the same or react to things the same. 
I would need more time. 
I'll never have enough time it seems some days.
My days were on hold and my nights were an earthquake.
Working out from the epicenter, I can tangibly feel the difference in the earth under my feet. My stance is much more stabilized. 
My focus is returning. My vision is clearer and I can turn my sight forward again.
I feel as though up until now I was standing in the center of a revolving turnstile. I saw the exit but didn’t trust the path. 
That earth shattering day moving further and further away into the past. A circular rippling blur.
The reason for my change is like a precious gem being made under a great force of nature. A crushing glacier went right over my heart. 
I feel like I'm in a new orbit revolving around a brighter sun. My soul shines like that diamond I made out of my pain. 
Bright, indelible, faceted and reflective of my beautiful life. 
Yes, recovery is as hard as a diamond.

Cathy



No comments: